How to Register at:
Island City Practice
You can now Register as a patient at Island City Practice Online. Simply complete our New Patient Registration Form Online. Once this has been completed book an appointment or visit the surgery within 14 days to complete your registration.
Alternatively, you can print off the 2 forms below and register in person or return them to us via the post. It will take us about a week from the day we receive your forms to fully register you with the Practice.
We do not insist that patients attend for a New Patient Check, but if you would like one, please give us a call or pop in about a week after submitting your forms to arrange an appointment with our Health Care Support Work. This will cover a brief medical history, details of medication and advice about health including weight, diet, exercise, together with a blood pressure check.
Boundary Map – Island City Practice
Anyone who lives within our inner boundary (light grey) is entitled to Register with us.
If you live in one of the following postcodes, you may be able to register with us: PO1- PO5.
We have our own car park to make it easy for you to visit us. Our appointment system is designed with you in mind.
- Mon – Fri 8.30am – 6.30pm
- Thursday 7.00am – 8.00am
- Saturday 8.00am – 11.30am (for pre-booked appointments only)
To register as a patient at Island City Practice we need you to complete our registration form. You can do this by completing the online form below (or by visiting the surgery to pick up a ‘hard copy’ of the form). If you are registering more than one patient (including family members) you will need to complete a form for each person, as we need very specific information regarding personal details and medical history.
Please ensure you are using a ‘modern’ web browser such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox etc. Older browsers such as Internet Explorer may not allow you to submit the form at the end due to their security vulnerabilities.
Prior to completing a registration form, please ensure the following:
- You should only send this form to us if you are sure that you are eligible to join our practice.
- Sending this form will not automatically register you with the surgery.
- Your details will be held at the surgery for a limited period of time.
- You are required to provide proof of your identity and address within 2 weeks of completing this form..
- To submit this form you will need to agree to our privacy notice and information governance agreement which supports you in knowing and understanding how we look after your personal data.
- Finally, if you are currently on medication please ensure you have a minimum of 4 weeks supply from your previous surgery before submitting this form.If you require on the day treatment, our urgent care team run a triage service twice a day. Please telephone between 08:00 – 11:00 and 14:30 – 16:00 for this service. Please be aware, our reception team will ask for a brief outline of the problem, this is to ensure that those people who require treatment sooner are dealt with in an appropriate length of time.
- You might also be signposted to a more appropriate service, for example physiotherapy, pharmacy or dentist. Please telephone between 08:00 – 11:00 and 14:30 – 16:00. This is a limited service so we advise calling as soon as possible. If the clinician feels you require a face to face appointment, they will arrange this with you.We encourage the use of e-consult for all routine and administrative issues, the link for this can be found on our website. If you do not have access to a computer or smart phone, our reception team can assist you by collecting details of your problem in a similar way over the phone. A clinician will then be in contact with you within a few days. They will contact you by telephone, email or SMS.The surgery offers face to face services when they are essential; e.g. when a clinician needs to physically examine you. Patients with long term conditions, for example diabetes or asthma, will be invited in by the practice for a yearly annual review.
- Please see our website or ask at reception for more information. All Nurse and HCSW appointments can be booked by calling the surgery, e.g. regular injections, dressings, contraception, essential bloods and blood pressure.We understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure. With the introduction of GDPR, it allows patients to see how we use your personal and healthcare information. We recommend that you view our privacy notice before completing this registration.
The map below illustrates the practice boundary (marked in Pink). For specific information regarding the boundary of the practice area please contact the surgery.
Acceptance on to the list is as at the discretion of the Doctor and we will ask you for proof of identity. (Please refer to our registration policy below and why we ask for this). Please note that your medical records may take several weeks to arrive at the Practice.
Unable to Register?
There are a number of reasons why you may not be able to register with your chosen GP, for example you may live too far away. If this is the case, simply choose another GP in your local area.
Please note that if you were previously registered with a Doctor outside the UK then the Practice will not have access to your medical notes. All patients who register from abroad should contact their previous Doctor to obtain copies of their notes.
We have the right to refuse to register patients if they have a violent flag against their record.
Step 1: Complete online registration form
Our online registration form will collect your details, a brief outline of your medical history and record your preferences. This information may be added to your record and will allow us to begin to provide you with medical services.
Please complete one form for each family member.
Step 2: Upload scans of photo identity and proof of address
Please deliver to the practice copies of two forms of your identity.
One form of identity must contain a photo of yourself and the other must provide evidence of your current address. You may upload your forms online.
Download the Forms – Island City Practice
If you would rather submit your application to register personally, please download and complete the forms below
SCR patient consent preference form
Download a form to opt out of having a Summary Care Record (SCR) or opt out of additional information being included in the SCR.
From 2020, adults in England will be considered potential donors unless they choose to opt out or are excluded. For more information please visit the Organ Donation NHS UK where you can also register your decision.